Baby Bok Choy by: Edith L.
This baby bok choy dish is crazy easy and, thanks to Spice Beast Beast Prep blend, 🛒 only requires 5 ingredients, including water 😲, and ⏱ takes about 15 minutes, including prep time!
🛒 What you’ll need:
- 1 pound of baby bok choy
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Spice Beast Beast Prep seasoning blend to taste
- 1 tablespoon of high heat oil of your choice; Chosen Foods brand avocado oil from Costco is my choice
- 1/4 cup of water plus water for washing
👩🍳 What you’ll do:
- WASH your bok choy. Fill the sink or a big bowl with water and swish your veg in there like you mean it. Do it 2 or 3 times if you need to. There can be a lot of dirt or sand trapped in these babies and, if you’re like me, dirt isn’t one of your favorite food flavors! Use this time to peel away any yellow leaves or other funkiness. If some of your babies aren’t so baby, cut them in half from stem to stern to keep that cool “whole” veg look.
- CHOP or mince your garlic if you haven’t done so yet.
- HEAT wok or wide and deep pan over medium high heat. Add oil and, when the oil starts to shimmer 💃, add the garlic and stir it around so it doesn’t burn.
- When you can smell the garlic 😋, DUMP the washed veggies into the wok/pan AND STIR FRY for a few minutes.
- ADD 1/4 CUP OF WATER and drop the lid on. You’re going to steam the veggies until their almost the color in this picture or until they’re cooked but still crunchy (my preference) or almost to your liking, a couple more minutes.
- LIFT THE LID and ADD Spice Beast BEAST PREP.
- STIR FRY until enough of the liquid has evaporated, maybe 1 minute max