Beastly Orange Beef & Broccoli
We all love take-out Chinese food. What we don't love is all the excessive salt, calories, fat and low quality ingredients.
So lets make one of my favorite dishes....but lets make is healthy!
What's in it:
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- Juice of one fresh Orange (Save the peel)
- 1/4 cup Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp Spice Beast The Garlic & The Glory
- 1 tbsp Spice Beast Jacked Garlic & Onion
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 tsp Spice Beast Blood Orange EVOO
- 1.5 lbs Beef tenderloin, fat trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups Broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup Beef broth (yes in addition to the 1/4 earlier mentioned)
- 1/4 cup Scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh orange zest
- pinch Spice Beast Beast Prep
How to Make it:
- In a one gallon zipper bag add the first 6 ingredients and mix together to form a marinade. Add the beef strips and make sure it is fully coated by marinade. Place in refrigerator for a minimum of one hour and up to one day. (The longer the better)
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet until sizzling, add beef strips and saute until brown
- Remove beef from wok with tongs or slotted spoon and set aside.
- Now to the same wok, add broccoli & broth and stir fry until broccoli is crisp and tender.
- Add beef back to wok and stir fry with broccoli for an additional 2-3 minutes until beef is cooked thoroughly
- When plating sprinkle scallions and orange zest and serve hot