Chicken and Broccoli Dijon
Every time I hear or see Dijon mustard all I can think about are those Grey Poupon commercials. Growing up at barbecues we would laugh and say, "Excuse me sir but could you pass the Grey Poupon" even though it was "no frills" brand brown mustard.
Well that commercial pretty much put Dijon mustard as the condiment of the High Society, which believe me, my family couldn't be the farthest from.
So entertain me with me bringing a little "High Society" to the Spice Beast.
- 1.5 lb boneless chicken breasts cut into 1" chunks
- 6 cups Fresh broccoli florets
- 4 tsp Spice Beast Garlic Infused EVOO
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp Spice Beast The Garlic and the Glory
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (feel free to use that pompous brand Grey Poupon)
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken broth
How to Make it:
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, mustard, and broth and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat then add broccoli and Garlic seasoning, cooing for 1 minute while stirring broccoli to coat in oil and seasonings. Pour in to a separate bowl and set aside
- Place the pan back on stove and on high heat, add the chicken, browning it on each side for 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour chicken broth mixture over the chicken.
- Add broccoli to pan and cover, Let simmer 5-7 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and broccoli is green and crisp.
- Serve hot