Flame Grilled Steak with Portobello Mushroom Salad
I'm a steak guy and I've been known to eat a mushroom or two. So why not make a Steak and Salad combo.
For the steak recipe, lets just keep it simple.
- 1.5 lb NY Strip
- 1 tsp Spice Beast Beast Prep Seasoning
Brush grill grates with some olive oil. Fire up the grill to a medium high heat. Rub steak with Beast Prep. Grill for 5-7 Minutes on each side or until desired temperature is reached. Feel free to use a meat thermometer....but I eat my steak black & blue, so I don't bother. Feel free to check my blog: "How to Cook the Perfect Steak at Home" Let steak rest for 10 minutes before cutting to hearty slices.
Let's talk salad.
- 2 cups Portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups Yellow & Green squash cut into 1/2 cubes
- 2 cups red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp Spice Beast The Garlic & The Glory Salt Free Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Spice Beast Thick Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1tsp olive oil
- Sea Salt & peppercorns to taste
Brush large frying pan with olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add Vegetables, broth & seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes, until crisp & tender. Drizzle balsamic over salad and toss to coat. Serve hot or cold.