Low Carb Ham and Egg Cups
Breakfast. This is the one meal that I hate the most. Breakfast is carbohydrate hell!!!!
Toast, Bagels, Pancakes, Waffles, Croissants, Crepes, and lets not forget Beignets!
How about something simple, delicious and low carb? How about all of that and also something that can be tweaked to be different every time.
I say versatile because really you can throw anything into these bad boys. You can change the outer "shell" from ham to bacon, or prosciutto, turkey bacon and more. You can scramble the egg or leave it whole, have your eggs runny or hard. You can add cheese, spinach, crumbled sausage, onion, finely cubed steak , mushrooms or really ANYTHING YOU WANT!
Let's not forget the seasoning!!!!!
Whether you are a salt & pepper person or you like to jazz it up, you can't forget the seasoning. My personal favorite for this recipe is Power Mex, but I think that all sixteen of our blends would work amazingly with this versatile dish.
Think of all the combinations!
Ok, enough drooling, let's give you the recipe for the "bare bones" version.
What you need:
- Muffin Tin
- non-stick spray (I use my olive oil sprayer)
- Sliced Ham (1lb)
- 10-12 Eggs
- 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onion
- 1/2 tsp Power Mex Pro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan with non-stick spray
- Place one Ham slice over each muffin cup and gently press to form the cup
- Sprinkle in a pinch or more of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Crack one egg into each of the "ham cups"
- Shake on some Power Mex
- Place Muffin Tin into preheated oven for 20-25 minutes
- When done use a fork to gently separate the cup from the tin, sprinkle on some chopped green onion and a little more power mex and serve