Spice Beast Sloppy Janes
You have all had a Sloppy Joe...you know you have, a lunch room special in our youth. Meet Jane, Joe's health conscious sister !!!!
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 2 tbs SB Power Mex
- 1 tbs SB Jacked Garlic & Onion
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (We used Coconut Secret Brand)
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Scrub and pat dry the sweet potatoes.
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat And sauté the onions about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, until the meat is browned and cooked through (no longer pink), about 7 minutes more.
- Add SP Jacked Garlic & Onion, SB Power Mex, the tomato paste and mustard to the skillet and cook, stirring, until well combined.
- Pour in the coconut aminos stirring until it has reduced.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and make a slit in the top of each sweet potato. Stuff with sloppy Jane mixture, serve and enjoy!
Sweet Potatoes take too long to prep???
HOW TO MICROWAVE A SWEET POTATO
Wash sweet potato thoroughly, pat dry, and pierce 3-4 times with a fork. Place potato on microwave-safe plate and microwave 5 minutes. If your potato isn’t fork tender after 5 minutes, continue microwaving in 30 second increments.