When winter comes and the temperatures drop, there is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup.....
When you think of one food that just about everybody loves, what comes to mind?
So why not combine the two in a healthy and delicious way. If that wasn't awesome enough....how about we make it in a crock pot to take all the work out of it?
Spice Beast's Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 tbsp Jacked Garlic & Onion
- 1 cup unsalted chicken Bone broth
- 2 tbsp Power Mex Pro
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili beans (or you can use pinto beans, just drain first.)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained then rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained then rinsed
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles), drained
- 1 ½ lbs. raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
Instructions for Chicken Taco Soup
Grease the insert of a large slow cooker(I use olive oil). Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except the chicken. Stir well to combineThen place the raw chicken breasts in the bottom
Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F.)
Carefully remove chicken and shred on a clean butting board. Place back into slow cooker and stir to combine.Serve soup in individual bowls with your favorite toppings. We like cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, green onion, cilantro, etc. Enjoy!
Instructions for Original Taco Soup
- Brown your ground beef in a skillet of pan
Grease the insert of a large slow cooker(I use olive oil). Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except. Stir well to combine
Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours
Once finish, stir to combine all the delicious flavors together
Serve soup in individual bowls with your favorite toppings. We like cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, green onion, cilantro, etc. Enjoy!