Spice Beast's "Thumbprint" Egg Puffs
This different twist to "eggs over easy" is Low Carb and Keto Friendly. They can be seasoned with the Spice Beast Blend of your choice and mixed with different hard cheeses and meats. This recipe is quick, easy, delicious and no thumbs will be lost in the process.
- 6 whole eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Spice Beast Master Blend (Or any other of your favorites)
- Spice Beast The Garlic and the Glory
- Spice Beast Beast Prep Pro
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet parchment paper and lightly spray with some nonstick cooking spray.
2. Separate the egg whites and yolks.
** TIP FROM THE BEAST**
It's easier to separate each yolk in its own bowl....You can put them all in one bowl but then you will need to spoon them out.....and well....I'm a caveman so that's not happening without some breakage
3. Using an electric mixer, whip the whites into stiff peaks, about 3 minutes
4. Gently fold the Parmesan cheese and Master Blend into the egg whites using a spatula.
5. Scoop the egg puff mixture on to the prepared baking sheet into 6 mounds.
6. Using the back side of a large tablespoon, gently press down the centers to form the "thumbprint" for the egg yolks. ** Bake in the oven until lightly golden brown, about 3 minutes.
7. Remove the Puffs from the oven and gently slide one yolk into the center of each. (Here is where the tip to separating the yolks comes into play) Season with salt and pepper to taste, or better yet, give them a pinch of Spice Beast Beast Prep Pro to make them BEASTLY.
8. Bake until the yolks are set, about 3 minutes more. Top them with Spice Beast Garlic and the Glory