Vegetarian Sweet Potato Nachos
Who doesn’t like NACHOS?
A football game isn’t the same without them…but if you are looking for a vegetarian-friendly, healthy, delicious and cheesy version of this game day staple, well we have just the one. Replace tortilla chips with thin sliced sweet potatoes. These transform into a crispy and caramelized on the outside yet tender on the inside. A perfect foundation for black beans, toasted pumpkin seeds, cotija cheese, and sliced radishes. The top this off with an avocado cilantro sauce !!!!
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided, plus more for baking sheets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1½ lb.), sliced into ¼” rounds
- 1 tsp Spice Beast Power Mex Pro
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Spice Beast Beast Prep Pro
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- ½ cup tightly-packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons), plus wedges for serving
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup toasted pepitas
- 2 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Sliced radishes, for serving
- Sliced Jalapeno (optional)
- Flaky salt, for serving (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 450°F with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil. Lightly brush the foil with oil.
In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with Power Mex Pro, ¼ tsp cumin, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, ½ tsp Beast Prep Pro. Divide the slices among the prepared baking sheets in a single layer (the rounds should not overlap). Bake, rotating baking sheets top to bottom halfway through and flipping slices, until potatoes are caramelized and browned in spots, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and flip again, then combine onto one sheet tray. Preheat the broiler to HIGH.
Meanwhile, combine the avocado, yogurt, lime juice, ½ cup cilantro, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Season with Beast Prep Pro to taste
In a small bowl, toss the black beans with a generous pinch of Beast Prep Pro. Scatter over sweet potatoes, and top with cheddar cheese. Broil on top rack until cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the avocado sauce, pepitas, cotija, radishes, jalapeno, cilantro leaves and tender stems, and a pinch of flaky salt. Serve with lime wedges.